Online casinos accepting players from Benin
Countries around the world have different views on every aspect of life, be it politics, the economy or something else entirely. As such, they also have different views on gambling. Some countries find it as a form of amusement and entertainment, but others consider it as a threat to the public’s safety and wellbeing.
And while most countries in Africa had made no efforts for regulating gambling, there are some that allow gambling but with certain limitations.
… is a country in Africa where the industry is much more advanced than in the other countries on the continent. Land-based gambling in Benin is regulated and licensed, and there are several establishments and one major casino. There’s also a national lottery that has been running since the late 1960s. The lottery has been around for so long that people in Benin have gotten used to it and have made it their favourite pastime. But that doesn’t mean that people don't enjoy gambling, too.
The land-based casinos…
… that exist in the country are frequented by the people in Benin, as well as visitors, and they have been working quite well. With the Gambling Act 2020-28, the industry is a monopoly of the state, but any citizen that meets the criteria can run a gambling establishment, considering cooperation with private companies is allowed. Operators just need to pay for a license, and the government, in turn, will guarantee them security.
Best Online Casinos for Benin
Legal Online Gambling in Benin
There is a lack of law enforcement in the country, and throughout the years, there have been many complaints in regards to unlicensed gambling establishments. In this regard, there’s also no law enforcement when it comes to online gambling, so citizens of Benin can easily and freely get online access to any international casino they want to join.
… are not forbidden from joining international online casinos, considering no laws that regulate online gambling exist in the country. Operators, on the other hand, cannot apply for a license to operate on the market by the government, since the government has shown no interest in regulating online gambling. One of the reasons why online gambling is neglected in the country is because the internet penetration rate in the country is quite low. So, even if players wanted to access online casinos, they would have to try hard to get an internet connection. As a result, the government hasn’t felt the need to regulate it and online gambling is not prevalent in the country.
… no serious legal movements for banning online gambling, either, considering the access to the internet and in turn, access to online casinos is really low. But those players that do somehow find their way to connect to the internet and join an online casino, can enjoy all the perks and benefits players from all over the world do.
… this brings us to player protection, or the lack of it, to be more precise. Considering the government has not backed up online gambling, players across international online casinos have no player protection at all. Players engaging in online gambling are doing it at their own risk. Luckily, however, most of the leading international online casinos are truly fair and respect players from all over the globe, regardless of their country laws in regards to online gambling.
Benin Online Casinos
When joining an online casino…
… as mentioned, players should be careful about their safety and the security of their sensitive details. They have no back-up on the part of the government, so they should be able to decide whether a site is safe for them or not, by themselves.
Since playing at these sites on their own responsibility, players should take into consideration several things that can make them feel safer. One of the major things these players look at is the licenses the casinos hold. Casinos licensed to operate by prominent and tough jurisdictions like Gibraltar, Alderney, the UK and Malta, are among the safest ones to join. If you, a Benin online casino player, find an online casino that holds a license by at least one of these, if not two or more, you can rest assured that your gambling time would be monitored and secure.
… players consider is the security measures implemented by the casino. In addition to identity verification and other authentication processes, you should make sure the casino uses an SSL encryption provided by companies like COMODO, VeriSign and Thawte, for instance. The encryption keeps both your personal and financial data safe.
And then, of course…
… you should check the payment methods offered to see whether they are available in Benin, the games portfolio offered and the bonuses and promotions. You check for these after you’ve established that the casino is licensed, safe and secure. If the payment methods and games selection are good enough for you, explore the list of bonuses better. Make sure you get a big Welcome Bonus at least, and other bonus offers you could choose from.
Best Slots Casinos
Games at Benin Online Casinos
Casino players in Benin, frequenting land-based casinos, have already had the chance to get a taste of many casino games. These include slot machines, poker and video poker, but at the biggest casino Benin Marina Hotel, they could also play roulette. But, when they join an online casino, a whole new world opens to them.
Across online casinos…
… Benin players get access to games created by some of the very best, finest software providers. IGT, Playtech, Microgaming, Bally – you name them! These are developers that have been creating online casino games ever since the internet ever appeared. However, you also get access to games by newer developers, developers at the peak of their success at the moment, such as NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, and Pragmatic Play. All of these providers are continuously developing all kinds of games, in different categories of games, which Benin players can play whenever they want.
Some of the many types of games you will find across international online casinos include, but are not limited to, are:
- Live Dealers games;
- Online bingo;
- Progressive jackpot slots;
- Online lottery;
There are many other variations of these games, and combinations, blends and TV-show-style games that you can enjoy, you only have to look them up across international online casinos.
While at it, check for fairness certificates. Auditors like iTechLabs, GLI and eCOGRA ensure that all games offered at the casino use a Random Number Generator that generates only random and fair results.
The Best Live Casinos in the
When it comes to device compatibility…
… operators ensure their sites are suitable for any device you may have in your possession. If you’re used to playing games on your desktop device, you can do so, without downloading anything. If you’re willing to play your games on the go, you can do so on any mobile device, be it a smartphone or a tablet.
When creating their games, developers ensure that the games are compatible with any device, too. They make sure the games fit to any mobile and desktop device, by creating them in an HTLM5format. You don’t even need to download software like before when they were using Flash, but you only need a web browser for the HTML5 games to run smoothly.
As far as operating systems go…
… whichever your device uses would work. Be it Windows, Android or iOS, international online casinos can be loaded on devices that run on any operating system. In fact, some of them even offer dedicated apps that you can download from Apple Store or Google Play Store, so you can get access to your favourite casino in just a few clicks.
… is trending, therefore, you should not be surprised to see that any online casino you load on your desktop will offer exactly the same things on your mobile device, with no exceptions. So, decide on the way you want to play, at home relaxing on your sofa, or at the park while walking your dog, and take your international online casino with you wherever you go.
Benin Online Banking & Casino Payment Methods
Considering you have no limits when it comes to gambling online, and neither the Benin government nor laws forbid online gambling, you can use any method you want in order to deposit to and withdraw from your favourite online casino.
World-class payment methods…
… are at your disposal at any casino you join. They all at least offer gambling with VISA and MasterCard, and lately, Bitcoin as well. However, there are many new, innovative and fun ways to transfer money to and from online casinos, too. Many vouchers or prepaid cards, eWallets and mobile solutions are available today that can make the funding and cashing out processes extremely easy.
The following are just some of the methods you can use:
These are some of your options. As mentioned, Bitcoin is becoming more and more accepted across online casinos, but so are other digital currencies like Ethereum, Litecoin, Dogecoin and Dash. These are all more than great options, but before you decide on the one to go with, make sure you find out whether they are available in Benin.
1. Is the West African CFA franc accepted across online casinos?
- International online casinos tend to accept all applicable currencies, but whether you would be able to use West African CFA franc or not would depend on the payment method you choose to play with.
2. Which types of bonuses are available to players from Benin?
- All bonuses! Literally all bonuses available at the online casino, except those that are country-restricted, but such bonuses are rare.
3. Do many international online casinos offer their services in French?
- Yes! French, Spanish, Italian, and German are the mainstream languages offered across all international online casinos.
4. Could I get help from the Customer Support at an online casino in French?
- As a matter of fact, yes. You may find many online casinos with a Customer Support team that speaks multiple languages.
5. Must I download an app to load the online casino on my tablet?
- In most cases, no. Some casinos may require it from you, but most of them would allow you to make the choice whether you’d like to download an app or play via a web browser.
6. Is there a way to find out whether a casino accepts Benin players before I start the sign-up procedure?
- Yes. Information regarding country restrictions can be found in the Terms and Conditions. If not, you can check out the FAQs section. If there are restrictions, they should be highlighted there.
7. How to know which licenses the casino holds?
- The licenses the casino holds are usually displayed at the bottom of the homepage. You can also look them up in the Terms and Conditions or in the FAQs section.
8. Which payment method gives the fastest payouts?
- Cryptocurrencies and eWallets are considered as some of the fastest payment methods. They can process transactions in a matter of minutes, and no later than 3 days.
9. Is cryptocurrency gambling legal in Benin?
- You could gamble with cryptocurrencies online, since cryptocurrencies are not regulated by any authority, plus online gambling is not regulated in Benin. Therefore, you have no obstacles. However, bear in mind that due to their decentralized nature, you cannot reverse transactions with digital currencies. And since you have no back up from your government, you better choose a method that would guarantee your money safety.
10. Will online gambling ever be regulated in Benin?
- Given the fact online gambling is flourishing in the country as it is, and the current government sees no need in regulating it, it is highly unlikely for that to happen any time soon. But it is not impossible, either.
On This Page