Online casinos accepting players from Belize
When it comes to games of chance, different countries around the world consider them differently. Some think of them as a form of entertainment and allow them, others believe they pose danger to citizens’ wellbeing and completely forbid all sorts of gambling in their borders.
… belongs in the former. This country bordering with Guatemala, Mexico and the Caribbean Sea is a destination to visit if you’re in the search of beautiful beaches and casino fun.
Following the footsteps of its neighbouring countries, Belize legalized gambling in 1981, when it gained independence from the British Crown, however, it was only in 1995 when it started developing the actual gambling laws and regulations regarding gambling.
Offline gambling laws…
… in the country were adapted from legal systems of the neighbouring countries, and were in the process of development from 1995 until 2000. The actual Computer Wagering Licensing Act was put in effect in 2004, and since, then, games of skill and chance are regulated in the country. The country quickly started prospering and received a significant economy boost by regulating gambling.
To this day…
… Belize allows visitors, besides enjoying the wonderful nature, to enjoy land-based gambling, too. When it comes to online gambling, visitors can engage in it, too. But not locals. Locals do not have access to online gambling sites licensed by the country.
Best Online Casinos for Belize
Legal Online Gambling in Belize
Belize hosts quite a lot of international online casino sites. That’s because it is a country that offers low taxation rates and license fees. To apply for a license to operate in the country, operators were previously required to pay $50,000, but since 2004, that cost was reduced to $15,000. This was decided by the Prime Minister, who signed the Statutory Instrument changing the Online Gaming Regime, with the aim to make monitoring and license processing more efficient. The Belize Computer Wagering Licensing Board is the body appointed to review and grant licenses to the interested operators.
When it comes to fees…
… operators need to pay 15% withholding tax on payments of prizes. On that note, operators must have a separate bank account for processing bets. Also, licensees must deposit $500,000 which would be held in trust as indemnity against violations and fraudulent activities.
Among the other requirements…
… operators need to set their Customer Service facilities within the country. But not their servers. Their servers can be located anywhere, and that’s precisely the reason why Belize is so attractive to international operators found all around the world. However, as mentioned previously, while operators can set up their business in the country, they cannot offer their services to Belizean players. While there is no specific law that indicates it, all Belizean players are prohibited access to foreign online gambling sites. Other than that, the country demands on operators to share so little information, and that's why many of them decide to get licenses to operate there. A promise to be good and fair and deposits and fees are basically all it takes to apply for a license.
… the legal framework was designed to attract operators, many of the laws and regulation are focused on applicants, therefore, less attention is paid to the player safety and protection. Therefore, Belizean players can still access online casino sites completely unnoticed by the government. On the other hand, this means that they would not get the proper protection that other respected jurisdictions offer to their citizens. But, as long as they find a nice, safe and secure site to join, licensed by other jurisdictions as well, they should be all right.
Belize Online Casinos
Online casinos operating from Belize, considering all the things above, are allowed to create offerings as it suits them, as long as operators are paying their taxes and fees.
The thing is…
… besides a license to operate in Belize, many of these operators are also licensed by other respected regulators. As such, they abide by the laws of different countries, and, provide players with the necessary means of safety and protection. Players who are certain that the casino they intend to join is also licensed by well-known watchdogs like the UK Gambling Commission or the Malta Gaming Authority can rest assured that they can feel safe at that casino, as these are some of the toughest and strictest regulators, making sure all players at the site are treated with respect and fairness.
… these casinos usually implement the highest security measures to protect players’ sensitive data. SSL encryptions provided by trusted providers like COMODO, DigiCert or Thawte guarantee personal and financial data protection. Top-notch firewalls are also provided to further secure all data and communication going from the players’ device to the casino’s servers.
As far as fairness goes…
… given the fact international casinos offer games provided by leading software developers, players can relax, because these developers regularly have their games tested and approved for fairness. But operators themselves also test the games for randomness. Should a player find an online casino site audited by eCOGRA or iTechLabs, they can rest assured that their games would be perfectly random and fair.
Best Slots Casinos
Games at Belize Online Casinos
… international online casinos compete between each other in which one would give players the biggest offering when it comes to games. To be better than the rest, operators try to make partnership deals with the best game software developers. Therefore, you should not be surprised to find games by premier providers like Microgaming, NetEnt, Red Tiger Gaming, Evolution Gaming, Authentic Gaming and Bally, among others.
These are developers…
… that create all kinds of online casino games. From scratchcards, online bingo variants, online lotteries, video slots, table games to Live Casino games. You should expect a wide choice of games at any international online casino you join.
Among the games you should expect to be able to try for real money wagers, you will find the following:
As years go by and the technology evolves, so do online casino games. Developers like the ones mentioned above make use of the latest technologies to create the very best games on the market. Therefore, you should expect many blends and games combos, too, apart from the abovementioned games.
The Best Live Casinos in the
… as just mentioned, and so does the online gambling offering. Besides all kinds of games with special features and effects, developers create games that are suited for any device screen. And, operators ensure that those games are well integrated on their sites, to be playable across all devices.
What developers do…
… is create the games in HTML5, to be compatible with any device. This was previously done in Adobe Flash, but it was more complicated since players needed to download software in order to play the games. With HTML5, they can smoothly transfer their play from any desktop to any mobile device.
… exist in Belize, so players can access their favourite online casino games on any smartphone or tablet. Regardless of whether players use a device which runs on iOS or Android operating systems, they can play their games on the go whenever and wherever they want. That is, as long as their device is connected to the internet.
For quick access…
… mobile casinos even offer native apps, for both iOS and Android devices. For those impatient players who wish to be logged in at an online casino 24/7 and start playing their games in just a few taps on the screen, operators design apps suited for any device, which can be downloaded for free via Google Play Store and Apple Store.
Belize Online Banking & Casino Payment Methods
Given the fact online gambling is completely legal in Belize, players should not worry about making online casino payments with payment methods connected to their bank accounts. There are no limits when it comes to payment methods and no laws that forbid any type of payment method.
… as mentioned, Belizean players are not supposed to gamble across online casinos. Therefore, they should be extremely careful when choosing a payment method to use for playing at online casinos. Probably the best way to deposit and withdraw money is by using solutions that go around bank accounts, ergo, payment methods that are not directly connected to the bank account. They should avoid getting caught with casino transactions on their bank statements.
The best solutions…
… Belizean players could use are eWallets or mobile payment methods. The former are intermediaries between your casino and your bank, but the casino transactions never end up on your bank statement. The latter are solutions that allow you to pay using your mobile phone and get the deposit amount on your mobile bill at the end of the month. A third solution would be prepaid cards or vouchers. You pay for these using cash or other payment solutions, and you can use them wherever you want to, including online casinos.
So, the following are just some of the options you have at your disposal across online casinos in Belize:
Cryptocurrency gambling is not regulated in Belize, but then again, it is not regulated anywhere in the world. So, if you want to, you can also try playing with digital currencies like Dogecoin, Bitcoin, Dash, Ethereum and Litecoin, to see how it goes.
1. Can I play using Belize dollar?
- Most probably, yes. Online casinos allow transactions with all applicable currencies, however, it would all depend on the payment method you’re using.
2. Will I find many online casinos that support the Spanish language?
- Yes. Most online casinos offer their services in multiple languages, including the Spanish language. You would have to go to the casino’s homepage, tap on the languages pop-up and see your choices.
3. How can I be sure whether a casino accepts Belizean players?
- Online casinos write down this information in the Terms and Conditions usually, however, you can also try creating an account with a particular casino and see whether it would accept you as a Belizean player or not.
4. How old should I be to be eligible to join an international online casino?
- Most online casinos accept players who are 18 years old, but there are some, usually US-oriented online casinos, that accept players who are 21 years old or older.
5. Will Belizean players ever be able to legally gamble online?
- All things considered, there is a possibility for Belizean players to be legally allowed to gamble online in the future. The country continuously changes its laws and follows the steps of its neighbouring countries, so anything is possible.
6. Where can I find the list of payment methods offered at an online casino?
- The logos of the payment methods offered can be usually found on the casino’s homepage. If not, there’s always a Banking page you can visit. If that’s not available either, then you can check the FAQ section at the casino. Some casinos, though, allow you to see the payment methods list only after you create your account with it.
7. How long do withdrawals with eWallets take?
- eWallets belong to the group of payment methods that offer the fastest withdrawal times. Therefore, you should expect your withdrawals to arrive within 24 to 48 hours or up to 3 days.
8. Do I need to download any software in order to play on my smartphone?
- Probably not. International online casinos today are compatible with all devices, so you can play whenever you want via your browser as long as you’re connected to the internet. If the casino offers, you can also download an app, but downloading the app is not obligatory for you to access the games.
9. Can I claim bonuses across international online casinos?
- Sure! That’s one of the main advantages you get by joining international online casinos. These sites allow players to choose the bonus offers that suit them to boost their winnings.
10. How can I be sure whether a casino is licensed in Belize or not?
- The licenses the operator holds are usually found at the bottom of the homepage. If you see that the casino holds a license by the Belize Computer Wagering Licensing Board, then you will be certain it is licensed to operate there.
On This Page