Online casinos accepting players from Barbados
Exploring the Caribbean islands, visitors get to see many tourist attractions and enjoy the sandy beaches drinking colourful cocktails. However, they can also do things for fun, like do water sports, party in exotic parts and visit exclusive casinos.
The casino establishments have generated a lot of funds to the islands, however, not all islands allow gambling. Barbados is one of the few islands that actually hasn’t legalized gambling. Well, not precisely. One thing is for sure: land-based casinos are banned. However, as you will see, other forms of gambling are allowed.
… in Barbados is not regulated, and the island does not issue licenses to operators. And, there are strict rules when it comes to opening brick-and-mortar casinos. The laws in Barbados say that land-based casinos are banned. But, no such law applies for slot machines, per se. Slot machines are not only excluded from the laws but are also available all across the island. The law actually states that table games, casino games that are played at a table are forbidden, but not other games.
Although there have been many debates on whether casinos would have a detrimental or positive effect on the country, the government kept its decision that casinos would not be in the best interest. However, even though the ban on casinos persists, there are several establishments where slot machines are available. Believe it or not, one even has the word “casino” in its name, Carnival Fascination Casino.
… of gambling which are actually allowed are horseracing betting and the lottery. In fact, the races are held at the racetrack known as Garrison Savannah. This is where both locals and visitors can place bets on their favourite horses. When it comes to the lottery, the Barbados National Lottery is running several types of lottery games visitors and locals alike can play. Bingo is also not included in the ban on gambling, but there are no dedicated bingo halls, even though some clubs do offer it.
Best Online Casinos for Barbados
Legal Online Gambling in Barbados
… land-based gambling is banned, online gambling is actually entirely exempt from the law. However, considering land-based gambling is not regulated nor licensed, the same goes for online gambling. You should not expect to find an online casino licensed by the government of Barbados or any other regulatory body. But, if you’re a player from Barbados, you should expect to still have access to online casinos based in other countries.
… are not mentioned in the laws, and no licenses can be issued to operators, so players from Barbados can enjoy online casino games without repercussions, freely, and not feel under threat of criminal charges when playing across international online casinos. The thing is, it seems like the government wants to keep the island’s reputation as a serene and relaxing place where casinos do not belong, but leaves it up to individuals to decide whether they would like to engage in gambling, online, where no one can see them.
Despite the uncertainties in the laws, as a matter of fact, the online gambling industry thrives in Barbados. There are many online casinos that accept players from Barbados and as many that actually target its citizens.
Barbados Online Casinos
… have access to regulated sites, so they should not worry about their safety. International online casinos are established with the aim to cater to players from all around the world, so they make sure all players are treated equally well and with respect.
Considering Barbadian players do not have the opportunity to play across online casino sites that are regulated by their own country, they can enjoy many sites that are overseen by other jurisdictions. If an online casino holds a license to operate by at least one respected watchdog, it is a safe casino to join. However, some of the top online casinos that accept Barbadian players actually hold more than one license, making them even better choices.
… by the UK Gambling Commission, Antigua and Barbuda, the Isle of Man and the Malta Gaming Authority are what you should be looking for when eyeing an online casino to join as a Barbadian player. If a casino holds at least one of them, you can rest assured that it would provide you with the proper protection.
… you should inspect the casinos for different SSL encryption certificates and seals of approval for fairness by respected third-party auditors. If you want to be sure that your sensitive data would be safe at a particular online casino, you should look for an SSL encryption provided by COMODO, DigiCert, VeriSign or Thawte, for instance. These are trusted SSL encryption providers with a seamless track record. In terms of fairness, auditors like Certified Fair Gambling, eCOGRA and iTechLabs have proven to do their job transparently and their seal of approval means everything to the industry. If a casino has a certificate by one of these auditors, you can rest assured that you’ll be playing fair and random games, with Random Number Generators that have been tested and approved for fairness.
… to find a casino that suits you most, you also have to consider its games selection. Since blackjack, roulette, baccarat, craps and other games played at the table are forbidden in Barbados, at least in terms of land-based gambling, you should make sure that the games portfolios across international online casino sites provide you with a vast choice of table games you can enjoy, provided by top software developers.
Best Slots Casinos
Games at Barbados Online Casinos
We’ve slowly come to the most fun part of choosing an online casino: looking at the game selection. The beauty of international online casino sites is that they have licenses to provide all kinds of games. That’s why players from all around the world gather at top online casinos to enjoy the massive choice of games.
If a form of gambling is forbidden in their country, just like table games are in Barbados, online casino players who join international online casinos have the pleasure to play them without worrying about consequences.
Once you find…
… an online casino that meets all the criteria in terms of licenses and certificates, you should immediately explore its games selection. If you see titles like Starburst, Mega Moolah, or Wolf Gold, you should know that you’ve found an excellent online casino. This means that you’ve found yourself a casino powered by giants such as NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming and Pragmatic Play. Developers like these create all kinds of games to attend to the demanding player base.
… even though playing from Barbados, you can enjoy games from all categories of casino games, such as the ones added on the following list:
- Online bingo;
- Online lottery;
- Unique Live Dealer games;
- Video slots;
- Blackjack variants;
- Jackpot slots;
- Video poker variants;
These are just some of the categories of games you will come across at international online casinos. You should know that operators tend to spice things up by creating tournaments and different competitions in the form of promotions that you can also enjoy, and win excellent prizes while having fun.
The Best Live Casinos in the
The technology is evolving without a stop, and so are trends related to the devices we’re using. While online gambling was previously accessible only via desktop devices, today, any individual possessing a smartphone or a tablet can access online casinos without much effort.
Mobile gambling is becoming more and more popular each day, and more than 50% of the players are using their mobile devices to gamble.
… online casino operators are doing their best in optimizing their platforms for mobile play. Should you join an international online casino, you can rest assured that you will get smooth gaming time on your smartphone or tablet.
… optimize their sites for playing on the go, but they also create dedicated apps to give players the choice to download an app if they want to. Apps have shown to be really convenient since players can access their favourite casino in just a few clicks or taps, and start playing their games in an instant. They can be downloaded via Google Play Store or Apple Store, for all Android and iOS-powered devices.
Barbados Online Banking & Casino Payment Methods
Given the fact that online gambling in Barbados is not regulated but not banned either, you have the freedom to use any payment method you like for online gambling purposes. The government has not forbidden transactions to and from online casinos, so you should not worry about being punished for playing online.
Lucky for you…
… you can use the regular credit and debit cards you possess, bank transfers, and all the other alternative solutions that can be used globally. Prepaid cards, eWallets, mobile solutions and cryptocurrencies, therefore, are also your choices. The following are some of the great options you can consider:
- Diners Club;
- Bitcoin Cash;
1. Will Barbados ever legalize and regulate online gambling?
- Anything is possible. The current government does not consider gambling to be of the best interest of the island, but maybe things will change in the future, should the government change its views.
2. Is the Barbados dollar an accepted currency across online casinos?
- Online casinos usually allow all applicable currencies, however, whether the Barbados dollar would be accepted for deposits and withdrawals, it depends solely on the payment method you choose to use. World-class payment methods like VISA, for instance, accept it, but some eWallets may not. You have to check this with the payment method service provider to be sure.
3. How can I be sure whether the casino I want to join accepts Barbadian players?
- First, check the casino’s Terms and Conditions. If any restrictions apply, they should be displayed there. Second, you should check the casino’s homepage. If the casino does not accept players from certain countries, it should transparently write that down on the homepage so anyone could see. Finally, start the registration process. If Barbados is not on the list of suggested countries upon sign up, you won’t be able to join it.
4. How old should I be to be eligible to join an online casino?
- Most online gambling sites accept players who are 18 years old. But bear in mind that some only accept players who are 21 years old or older. The age limit is usually pointed out on the casino’s homepage.
5. If offered, must I download an app to play at an online casino?
- No. Downloading the app is optional. You can play via the browser version if you want to. The app is provided as a convenience, a choice for players to download if they want to.
6. Are there many crypto casinos that accept players from Barbados?
- Crypto casinos, due to the nature of cryptocurrencies, usually accept players from all over the world. Therefore, you have a wide choice of crypto casinos to consider. However, before you choose the one to go with, make sure you double-check whether it accepts Barbadian players.
7. Which kinds of bonuses are available to Barbadian players?
- Casinos that accept Barbadian players would certainly provide you with at least a Welcome Bonus. This bonus can be anything from Free Spins to Bonus Matches. But, there may as well be other promotions and bonuses that you can claim, such as Cashback offers, daily, weekly or monthly promos or competitions you can join to win a prize.
8. How can I find out which payment methods are offered at a particular online casino?
- Normally, the payment methods list can be found on the Banking page. However, sometimes the Banking page is only available for registered players. If you have still not created an account with a casino, you can check for payment method logos on the homepage to see which ones are accepted.
9. Which payment method offers the fastest deposit and withdrawal times?
- eWallets and cryptocurrencies are currently the fastest online banking solutions. They provide instant deposits and withdrawals that take no more than 24 hours to 3 business days.
10. If my transaction failed, who do I contact?
- If your transaction failed, you should first contact the payment method service provider to see what went wrong. If the problem is not with the payment method, then you should contact the casino’s Customer Support service for further information and instructions.
On This Page