Online casinos accepting players from Angola
Gambling is an activity that exists since the dawn of time. As such, it has been evolving throughout the years, and nowadays, it has reached unimaginable heights.
However, as an activity that has shown to be harmful to people who do it in excess, it is considered bad by some countries which have decided to ban it completely within their borders.
Some countries, though, look at it as a vehicle that drives economic growth and have decided to use it as a means for collecting money. These countries believe that casinos attract tourists, and tourism boosts the economy.
… a country which was torn by wars saw its salvation in gambling. Several casinos were built across the country, and a spike in the economy was instantly noticed. These casinos were supervised by the Ministry of Finance, which made sure they did not operate illegally before obtaining a legal license to operate.
The country put the Gambling Supervision Institute (Institute de Supervisão de Jogos) to be responsible for granting licenses to interested operators who wanted to build land-based casinos all over the country and to those that have already established themselves on the market. However, since the law regulating gambling was still in the making, the GSI was not able to issue licenses. The new bill was supposed to regulate both games of skill and games of luck.
In the meantime, Angolan players could enjoy all kinds of sportsbetting, bingo, lottery, and slot machines, supervised by the Ministry of Finance. These players showed a huge interest in gambling, and it turned out that they were avid gamblers.
… even though players showed interest in gambling and the economy flourished, the government was not in a hurry to regulate gambling. In fact, it only came to pass the law in early 2016.
Best Online Casinos for Angola
Legal Online Gambling in Angola
Even though the laws for land-based gambling were passed, there are no laws that regulate online gambling explicitly. While the intention for regulating land-based gambling was to attract investors and tourists alike, Angola has no use of regulating online gambling. However, it does not either prohibit its citizens from visiting international online casinos.
… Angolan players have all the freedom in the world to access online casinos, as far as they can connect to the internet. As of now, the internet penetration in the country is only 20%, so those players who can manage their way to the internet connection can freely play whichever games they want, in whichever casino they like. Compared to surrounding countries, though, internet penetration in Angola surpasses them.
So, even though…
… there are no online casino gambling platforms based in the country, international online casinos are Angolan players’ way to go. The best part is that the government does not block players’ access to these online casinos. Many countries all around the world have gone to great lengths trying to forbid their citizens from gambling, by blocking online payments, blocking IP addresses, ordering banking institutions to not allow online gambling-related transactions, etc. But not Angola, no.
Speaking of that, there are many operators that accept players from Angola. In fact, there are many operators who target the Southern African players and have enhanced their offering to suit these players. Knowing that the laws in Angola are quite loose when it comes to online gambling, these operators can openly offer their gambling services to its citizens. That’s a win-win situation for both the operators and the players.
Angola Online Casinos
We've come to the conclusion that there are no Angola-based online casinos players could join, but that they can enjoy a huge variety of international online casinos. The truth is, this is even better for Angolan players because international online casinos offer a better choice of not only games but also promotions, payment methods, currencies and a bunch of other stuff.
… that accept players from all across the globe want to accommodate these players the best way possible. That's why they shower them with choices and give them no option but to stay with them the longest possible. However, they also provide them with the security they need.
When playing at a foreign website, it is normal to feel unsafe, unprotected, especially when your country has no laws that regulate online gambling. That’s why international operators do everything in their power to make players feel safe, at home.
Licenses to operate…
… are an important bit of this mission. Operators proudly display them on their homepages so that players could see right away that the casino is licensed. Why is a license by another jurisdiction important, you may ask? Well, there are many jurisdictions that have proven themselves to be worth the trust of any online casino player. These regulators act on behalf of all players. They fine and punish operators for wrongdoings and revoke their licenses even if the error they’ve made is irrevocable.
The toughest, most renowned regulators known to the industry are the UK Gambling Commission, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner. In recent years, the Swedish regulator and the Malta Gaming Authority have also become popular regulators that players trust.
To ensure data protection…
… international casinos use the latest firewalls and SSL encryptions that would make your communication with the casino virtually impenetrable, and your online transactions perfectly safe. SSL encryptions provided by the likes of SECTIGO (formerly COMODO), DigiCert, VeriSign, GoDaddy, Thawte and GeoTrust are some of the most secure.
Responsible gambling policies are another factor that proves the casino genuinely worries about your safety, in all aspects, as are other certificates that show the casino’s good intentions.
Best Slots Casinos
Games at Angola Online Casinos
When it comes to game choices, international online casinos have unrivalled portfolios. They compete against each other in who gets the better software provider to power the casino. The result? More first-class games variety for players!
Go to any international online casino’s portfolio, and you will see giants like Playtech, NetEnt, IGT, Barcrest, Quickspin, Yggdrasil and Thunderkick, among others, powering their games selection. These are some of the industry's top game software developers designing 5 and 3-reel slots, filled with impressive animation, rewarding special features, and a lot of bonus games.
… developed by the likes of Evolution Gaming, Visionary iGaming, LuckyStreak, Authentic Gaming and Extreme Live Gaming are also at players’ disposal. These are games developed by high standards, using HD stream, hosted by beautiful, professional Live Dealers.
In addition, some of the following games can be found at international online casinos:
- Progressive jackpot slots;
- Video poker;
- Online lottery;
- Online bingo;
Angolan players may wonder whether these games are truly fair and random. In fact, these games run on a device called a Random Number Generator, which uses an algorithm to provide only random numbers and sequences and result in fair outcomes. These devices are tested by certified third-party auditors like eCOGRA and iTechLabs and are only approved if they are functioning properly.
The Best Live Casinos in the
With the number of smartphone and tablet users rapidly growing, online gambling switched to mobile devices. People today are using their mobile devices for everything, literally everything they once did on their desktop devices, gambling included.
… has taken over the world, Angola included. The number of mobile gamblers increases in Angola, and luckily for them, there are many online casinos that offer fully mobile-compatible versions of their websites.
These mobile casinos can be accessed via a browser, via any Android or iOS-powered mobile device. In fact, there are operators who have strictly optimized their websites for Android users and those that have optimized them for iPhone and iPad users.
… some of the most popular online casinos have also rolled out apps that can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple Store. These apps are intended for those players that find it easier to gamble on apps, for faster navigation.
Angola Online Banking & Casino Payment Methods
As mentioned several times, Angolan players have no restrictions when it comes to gambling on international online casino sites. Therefore, they can enjoy a variety of payment methods to use for their deposits and withdrawals at online casinos.
The Angolan kwanza may not be an option in most casinos, though, but there still are some online casinos that offer gambling with all applicable currencies.
In terms of banking options, though…
… they have no limits whatsoever. The only problem they may encounter is with payment methods that are actually not available in Angola, such as some prepaid options. However, debit and credit cards, eWallets, bank transfers and even cryptocurrencies are all at their disposal.
The following are just some of the most popular methods they can use:
- How to know whether an online casino accepts Angolan players?
- When you start your registration process, you’ll be asked right away to provide your country of residence. If the country is not accepted, you won’t be able to continue with the registration. Another way to check this is to go to the Terms & Conditions section and find the list of restricted countries.
- What is the legal gambling age in Angola?
- The legal gambling age in Angola is 18. This rule applies for those players that intend to join land-based casinos. There are no explicit rules as to how old a player should be to join online casinos.
- What is the minimum gambling age in online casinos?
- The minimum gambling age in most online casinos, especially those operated by Europe-based operators, is 18. However, online casinos where the age limit is 21 exist, too, so before you try to join an online casino, make sure you find out more about this.
- Are there many online casinos that can be translated to Portuguese?
- As a matter of fact, yes. Almost all top online casinos have had their websites translated to the most widely-used languages throughout the world, Portuguese included.
- Is there a chance to find an online casino where Customer Support speak Portuguese, too?
- Again, yes. Many online casinos, especially those targeting Portuguese-speaking players, provide Customer Support in Portuguese.
- Where can I check for the payment methods offered?
- The payment methods offered are usually displayed upon registration, at least the Deposit options. However, you can also find them in the Banking or Payment Methods page at the casino. If not, you can check in the FAQs section to see which are available for deposits and which for withdrawals.
- How long do withdrawals usually take?
- Depending on the payment method you chose to play with, the processing time can go anywhere from 12 hours to 7 business days. With eWallets, though, they are usually instant.
- Should I download software or the app to access an online casino?
- No. Online casinos today use HTML5 technology which requires no software download for the games to play seamlessly. As far as apps go, they’re completely optional, meaning you can download them but only if you want to.
- Will online gambling in Angola ever get fully regulated?
- Perhaps. Considering the fact that the country is doing well by regulating land-based gambling, it would be a natural step for it to regulate online gambling. At least online gambling is not prohibited, so, so far so good.
- Will I be able to claim a Welcome Bonus if a join an online casino?
- Sure, why not? International online casinos treat all players equally. So, if you’re allowed to join the casino, you’re also allowed to claim any bonus you want.
On This Page