Online casinos accepting players from Andorra
Most countries who have regulated gambling a long time ago did it for the purpose of attracting tourists. Casino resorts and casinos are known to boost tourism, so many well-developed countries that were seeking for tourism rise decided to allow operators to build such establishments within their borders.
Some of these countries, though, allowed only tourists to gamble in these casinos, forbidding their own citizens of doing so. Others, on the other hand, have lowered their guard and allowed everyone to join a casino and gamble in it.
… being a country that receives around 10 million visitors per year, has considered regulating gambling, but never actually did it. The country has a regulator, Consell Regulador Andorrà del Joc (CRAJ), which was supposed to grant a sole license to Jocs SA to build a €15 million, 4,000-square meter casino establishment in the capital of Andorra, Andorra la Vella, however, recent reports show that it has once again rejected it, after many times in the past.
… rejected Jocs’ application a year ago, based on missing pieces in its paperwork. Jocs appealed the decision, but CRAJ once again rejected it, based on differences between the initial commitments and the final project.
The actual decision for building a casino in the country came from the idea to help further economic growth, considering 80% of GDP in the country comes from tourism. Antoni Riberaygua, the Minister of the Presidency, said that the opening of gambling would be achieved with no haste, gradually. Only one land-based casino was supposed to open, which hopefully would help the country attract more tourists.
… however, emphasized the fact visitors should always be attracted by tourist attractions that Andorra had to offer, and not by its casinos, and that’s why it only allowed one casino to be built.
Therefore, no actual casino establishment has yet been built in the country, and the gambling regulation is still in a transitional state. Although the legislation was passed, the country has been very slow to actually implement the regulations.
The government continuously reports that they have not quite finished the laws that would regulate gambling, so only this much is known for the current situation in the country.
Best Online Casinos for Andorra
Legal Online Gambling in Andorra
When Andorra moved forward on a Gambling Bill that would allow one casino to be built in the country, it also laid the foundations for online gambling regulations to be implemented.
The country was expected to work with neighbouring countries to create liquidity in the online gambling market, should the law be passed. But, just like with the land-based gambling case, the laws for regulating online gambling are being rewritten.
Nothing concrete as of how and when will the country start issuing licenses is known, nor it is known whether licenses will be granted to offshore operators or to the one casino operator only, to provide online gambling services on a domestic level.
… all of this doesn’t mean that Andorran players cannot access international online casinos. In fact, since no laws have been implemented, not even those that would block players’ access to offshore operators, online casino players from Andorra can enjoy playing at some of the world’s most popular online casinos.
Even though many countries where gambling is illegal or not regulated have restricted players’ access to international online casino sites, Andorra is not one of them. Therefore, its citizens can still access offshore operators and play their favourite online casino games without a worry on their mind.
… cannot be prosecuted or punished by law for participating in online gambling, as no such laws exist. This allows foreign operators to freely accept players from Andorra without worrying about lawsuits or fines.
Long story short, players from Andorra who want to experience the thrill of online gambling can definitely do so by signing in online casinos operated by international operators.
Andorra Online Casinos
Having access to international online casinos means having access to it all. All the perks and benefits players from all around the world get are also available to players from Andorra.
The question is…
… how can Andorran players feel safe at these casinos? Is there something that guarantees safety at such sites? As a matter of fact, there is. There are many hints that differentiate a rogue casino from a legit one.
One of the things that guarantee safety is a license to operate online. Most online casinos hold not one but a few licenses issued by trusted regulators. And while a license by the UK Gambling Commission speaks volumes about a casino’s rules compliance, licenses by other respected watchdogs can also be considered. Alongside the UK regulator, throughout the years, another regulator has also proven to be tight and rigid when it comes to regulation, the Isle of Man jurisdiction. The Malta Gaming Authority has also gained players’ trust in recent years, as well as the Swedish regulator.
In terms of player protection…
… Andorran players can rely on the casino’s SLL encryption, provided by some major encryption suppliers such as COMODO, VeriSign and DigiCert, among others. This encryption ensures that all your sensitive data and transactions remain impenetrable by third-parties.
When it comes to entertainment players from Andorra can be certain that they'll be getting the whole package. From exciting games to tournaments and competitions, just name it and it will be offered at international online casino sites.
Therefore, Andorran players can rest assured that their online gambling will be all-encompassing: safe, secure and extra-fun.
Best Slots Casinos
Games at Andorra Online Casino
As mentioned, Andorran online casino players have a wide range of games to choose from the moment they join an online casino. Depending on the games they want to play, they can join sites that are sportsbetting-focused, sites that offer both sportsbetting and casino games, or sites that offer only casino and Live Casino games.
… of their choice, players from Andorra can rest assured that they will receive a world-class gambling experience, powered by some of the most powerful names in the industry. Software providers such as Microgaming, Red Tiger Gaming, Pragmatic Play, Blueprint Gaming, Big Time Gaming and Evolution Gaming are just some of the names you’ll see in the providers’ lists available at international online casinos. Considering the competition is huge, operators sign partnership deals with the biggest names in the industry, which would appeal to players and up the engagement level.
In that sense…
… it should come as no surprise that operators want to give players the biggest choice of games, too. That’s why, no matter the casino you choose, you will find games from the following categories:
- Video poker;
- Online lottery;
- Online bingo;
- Live Dealer games;
- Online slots;
- Progressive jackpot slots;
- Other instant win games.
The fairness and randomness of these games have been confirmed and certified by independent third-party auditors such as eCOGRA, TST and iTechLabs, which test the games and only approve them if their Random Number Generator (RNG) is functioning properly. The RNG is a device that uses an algorithm to ensure that the games generate only fair and random outcomes.
The Best Live Casinos in the
Online gambling turned mobile with the invention of smartphones and tablets. Users saw the ease and convenience of playing on the go and realized that there was no point of staying at home just to take a spin or to on their favourite slots.
With that, operators decided to optimize their sites for mobile play, to suit any screen size. In fact, some casinos declared themselves as iPhone casinos, others as Android casinos, just to appeal to the corresponding users. Users of iPads also received a version suitable for their devices.
… also developed apps which players could download and have on their devices. Of course, there are separate apps for Android and iOS users, so they could all enjoy seamless gambling in just a few clicks.
Andorra Online Banking & Casino Payment Methods
Considering Andorran players have no limits when it comes to accessing online casinos, it means that they have no limits when it comes to payment methods, either.
However, they may bump into issues with availability. There are many payment methods available in online casinos which are not available in Andorra, and vice versa. Therefore, whichever of the following payment methods is allowed at the particular casino you chose and is available in Andorra, is yours to use:
- Bank transfer;
- Many other options.
Considering the euro is the official currency in Andorra and the currency available in any online casino, you won’t have problems with your transactions, and you won’t need to pay exchange fees.
- What is the gambling age in Andorra?
- The minimum gambling age in Andorra is 18 now. However, in the past, the gambling age was 21. It was lowered to 18 in 1987.
- What is the gambling age in international casinos then?
- While most online casinos accept players which are 18 or older, you may come across casinos which allow players who are 21 or older to join.
- Where can I see the payment methods offered to compare them with the ones available in Andorra?
- Usually, casinos display the logos of the payment methods offered on the homepage, at the end of the page. If not, you’d need to look for pages named Banking, Withdrawal/Deposit or Payment Methods to see the list of options.
- How long will it take me to withdraw my winnings?
- This mainly depends on the payment method you choose to withdraw your winnings with. With eWallets, transactions are instant. Bank transfer transactions take the longest, while credit and debit cards take around 3 to 5 working days.
- Is it possible to find online casinos whose websites can be translated into Catalan?
- Sure. There are many top online casino sites which are multi-lingual. They offer gambling in various languages, Catalan, French and Spanish included.
- Could I find an online casino where the Customer Support agents speak Catalan?
- Believe it or not, yes. These are mainly Spanish operators whose target group of players are Catalan-speaking players, but you may even find operators based in other countries that want to deliver Catalan-speaking players a seamless gambling time.
- Is it a must to download an app to join an online casino?
- No. Downloading apps is not mandatory. All online casinos are optimized for mobile play, so you don’t need an app to join an online casino. Apps are optional, and you can download them only if you wish to.
- So, do I need to download software to play on my mobile device?
- No, again. To join an online casino, you need to search for it via your favourite browser. The minute you find it, you can join it and play interruption-free, via your browser.
- How to know whether Andorran players are restricted or not?
- The minute you start your registration process at the casino, you’ll be asked to provide your country of residence. If Andorra is not accepted, you won’t be able to proceed with the registration.
- Are Andorran players eligible to participate in tournaments at international online casinos?
- Sure they are! As long as the casino accepts you as an Andorran player, you can enjoy all the perks and benefits available at the casino, tournaments and competitions included.
On This Page