Online casinos accepting players from New Zealand
Gambling In New Zealand
It's said by some that Gambling has been found in New Zealand for almost as long as people have been found in New Zealand, others say gambling has been there longer.
Residents of New Zealand who are inclined to place a bet, play the lotto, spin the pokie reels or hit the tables to try their luck with games of cards & chance will find they don't have to look very far in their search for an opportunity to do so within New Zealand's borders.
With all gambling activity in New Zealand regulated and controlled by the Department of Internal Affairs, players are offered a variety of vehicles and venues at the ready, quite willing to help them allocate their gambling dollars.
This should come as little surprise to most residents of New Zealand, with the Department of Internal Affairs reporting that New Zealanders lost over 2.3B in 2017 across the 4 main sectors of regulated gambling (TAB racing and sports betting, NZ Lotteries products, gaming machines- outside casinos and casino gambling) which, for a country of 4.7 million people (approx 75-80% of which are of legal gambling age) is a rather eye-opening statistic.
Top 8 New Zealand Online Casinos
Online Casino Games available in New Zealand
While it would be a safe bet to assume that the state-controlled, monitored and regulated gambling services are working diligently to accommodate their patrons and players.
If you wanted to place that bet online...
...you would discover a lack of local online venues to do so. The New Zealand Racing Board (TAB) & Lotto NZ provide the only online gambling that is offered by & controlled and protected under New Zealand law.
Under the current legislation (The Gambling Act 2003):
Remote interactive gambling (gambling by a person at a distance by interaction through a communication device, including such things as computers, telephones, radios and similar devices) is prohibited except for:
- Sales promotions in the form of a lottery that is conducted in New Zealand
- Approved forms of remote interactive gambling conducted by The New Zealand Lotteries Commission and The New Zealand Racing Board.
New Zealand based companies are prohibited from operating any Casino type software/services such as online slots, roulette etc.
It should be noted however that these restrictions only apply to companies with operations/servers located within New Zealand's Borders. Which puts the local player in a "best of both worlds" scenario with easy access to local, land-based gambling sites and services, while also having the best offerings of the international community quite literally 'at their fingertips'.
By joining trusted, reputable, well respected and well reviewed online casinos, residents of New Zealand can not only avail themselves of the many amazing game providers and casino games that are unavailable through their local venues, but will also gain access amazing welcome bonuses, weekly perks, casino specific and/or gaming provider sponsored contests and promotions, active player communities and much more... all just a couple of clicks and keystrokes away.
The Best Live Casinos in the
Payment Methods and Banking
Players from New Zealand should find little to no restriction on their ability to register at trusted & reputable online gaming platforms or to access/use the payment services utilized by their gaming platform of choice.
While payment methods options and preferences will vary from site to site, you will find that the most popular and populated online casinos tend to be very similar when it comes to the payment options provided to you.
While funding your online casino account with a major credit card/debit card is an almost universal option, it is not necessarily the best option for the player. Using an e-wallet or cryptocurrency/cryptowallet adds not only an additional degree of separation/privacy between your bank/credit providers and the casinos, in many cases the withdrawal processing times are much shorter for e-wallets and cryptowallets as are the resolution times in the event of an error in the processing of said withdrawals.
Popular payment options for players from New Zealand include;
- POLi -"Pay with your internet banking. - POLi is the online payment option that allows you to use your internet banking to securely pay for goods and services"
- Paysafe - "paysafecard is a prepaid online payment method based on vouchers with a 16-digit PIN code, independent of bank account, credit card, or other personal information. Customers can purchase vouchers at local sales outlets and pay online by entering the code at the checkout of the respective site"
- Skrill - "Make fast and secure payments and international money transfers. From betting and trading to shopping and gaming"
- Neteller - "NETELLER makes paying online easy - even where debit and credit cards may not work."
- PayPal - "PayPal is the faster, safer way to send money, make an online payment, receive money or set up a merchant account."
- Ecopayz - "ecoPayz is a secure online payment service, allowing you to send, spend and receive money worldwide. No credit checks required. Open a free account today."
- Bitcoin - "Get started with Bitcoin: find a wallet, buy bitcoin, shop with bitcoin, read bitcoin news, and get involved on the forum."
"Players opting to participate in gambling on sites existing outside of New Zealand will be subject to/dependent on the laws and regulations dictated by the licensing jurisdiction of the site they are playing on. It is strongly encouraged that players always ensure they are gambling on a site that has a verified license from a legitimate and dependable regulatory body "
Best Slots Casinos
Support Services for Problem Gamblers
If you think you or someone you know may have a gambling problem, talking to someone can help.
Find a problem gambling service near you:
Contact details for problem gambling services in New Zealand are available at www.health.govt.nz
On This Page